A church which welcomes you in Jesus’
name, to grow and share in his love
Action Alliance Member
L23 Messy Church is shared between our church and St Nicholas church in Blundellsands. We meet at various times for an hour of crafts and games, a short act of Worship (but not as you know it!) and then family refreshments all together.
Statement of Vision and Values
Vision; We seek to be obedient to God’s mission and grow the kingdom of God locally by planting, nurturing and developing Messy Church in St Nicholas and St Michael’s churches Blundellsands and All Saints with St Frideswyde Thornton and Crosby .
We subscribe to the core values of Messy Church:
1. We will be creative and enable creativity
2. We will be hospitable and remember Jesus' attitudes to children, to outsiders, to his friends in every conversation or interaction we are given at Messy Church, with families, team and newcomers.
3. We will encourage all ages and make them feel comfortable and valued. We will deliberately look for the Spirit of God already at work in the people who come and be ready to love the spark of Christ alive in them whoever they are.
4. We will celebrate a good God and life in all its fullness and make space for families to encounter Christ, not just to hear about him.
5. We aim to be and to make disciples – we will work out how every theme can introduce Jesus, however gently
6. We want to be Christ-centred- we will pray together, we will ensure the team know the Bible theme or story and the activities and celebration point towards the Bible story or theme. We will remember people will learn much more from what you do than from what you say: be sensitive about when to talk about Christ and when to let the activities, ambiance and environment do the speaking.
7. We will be learners and reflect on each Messy Church session, ask each other where we saw Christ at work. Invite Christ to be at the centre of our lives, day, workplace, crisis, relationship, activity, moment,
We remember perhaps in the words of St Patrick's Breastplate:
Christ be with me, Christ within me, Christ behind me, Christ before me.
Christ beside me, Christ to win me, Christ to comfort and restore me.
Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ in quiet, Christ in danger.
Christ in hearts of all that love me, Christ in mouth of friend and stranger.
Each of our services follows a theme and all the
crafts and games will help us explore that theme
for example, in one Messy Church, we looked at Creation and rest. We had a sandpit, we made little people and amazing animals with clay, we made small worlds and made our own sundaes for our desserts after a delicious picnic. In our worship, we had bouncy action songs and we explored how our wonderful world was created over such a long time and then God rested and asks us to join in that rest to enjoy this lovely world and to give thanks. Our vision and values for Messy Church are below.
Messy Church 2020
9th May 4-6pm